Do you have a campervan you want to sell? We can help you find its next owner.
There are two price options
- Standard 4-week listing – £29.95
- Featured 4-week listing – £39.95
By default, listings will show in order of newest to oldest with featured listings showing at the very top.
Reach more of the right buyers
Ranking number 1 on Google for ‘campervans for sale’ we reach a large number of buyers, with our sales page getting thousands of views each day.
Plus, we keep an eye on our sales listings and pick our favourites to share with our established community of campervan enthusiasts through our social media channels (over 120,000 followers!) and with our email list of over 1,200 buyers who have registered for updates about vans for sale.
I listed my van on eBay, GumTree and Quirky – all fully paid options – but it was through Quirky that I got the best enquiries and in the end, my buyer. Next time I won’t bother with anyone else.Nate Murphy
Any campervan can be listed on our website
Our sales page is like a classifieds page in that you can list any campervan – we’ve had listings from basic conversions to vintage VWs to high-spec modern homes on wheels – and you manage the listing and enquiries.
Get Quirky Approval
While any campervan can be listed on our website, only certain campervans will get our stamp of approval. We’ll take a look at your photos and your details about sign-offs to tick whether or not your campervan has ‘Rental Potential’.
What you’ll need to get your listing up
It’ll take you around 30 minutes to get your listing up. You’ll need the following information for your listing:
- Basic vehicle information (year, mileage, transmission type, number of belted seats etc.)
- Information about the conversion (berths and beds descriptions, solar panels, cooking facilities etc.)
- Information about sign-offs and certificates (you don’t have to have these done but you need to state if you’ve had them done – e.g. gas sign-off, weighbridge etc.)
Make your campervan more saleable (and get more £)
Photos, Photos, Photos!
Photos make all the difference in the number (and quality) of enquiries you’ll get. They’re the most effective way to get across just how special your campervan is – after all, a picture says a thousand words! Plus, the campervans with the best photos are more likely to be promoted to our social media and email audiences.
Our tips for taking photos that sell:
- Clean your van! It sounds obvious but clean every single spot of your van (inside and out). You don’t want a bit of dust or an out-of-place shoe to distract from your van’s features.
- Use the best quality camera you’ve got access to. If you don’t have a great smartphone, do you have a friend with a DSLR or better smartphone you can borrow?
- Only take your photos during the day. Clear, crisp and well-lit photos make all the difference. Stick to 2 hours or so after sunrise and at least 2 hours before sunset to make sure you have great light.
- Make them wide angle. You’ll have some great little details in your van you’ll want close-up shots of but for the most part, your photos should be quite zoomed out. Buyers want to understand the layout of the van as it’s arguably one of the most important aspects of a small space. If you’re using a DSLR, then you’ll want to use a 20mm (or less) lens. If you’re using a smartphone or a camera with a fixed lens, stand far back from the shot – even outside the van.
- Don’t over-edit. There’s no need to add filters, vignettes, effects etc. The buyer is looking for an accurate representation of the van.
Get the right sign-offs
Some of our buyers are looking for full-time vans but many are buying a campervan just for holidays and hope to rent it out through Quirky Campers. In order to be rented with us, we’ll ask the owner for:
- Landlords Gas Safe Certificate (around £80)
- 240v Electrics Sign-off (around £50)
- Weighbridge verification (can be free or as little as £5-£10)
It can be worth spending half a day and a bit of money to get the above certificates to attract more buyers.
Fill out all the information
Don’t skip any box! We’ve bought and sold campervans ourselves, and have talked to dozens of buyers and sellers to find out what information everyone wants included. If a question is on the form, it’s there for a reason! Provide as much information as you can to make the buyer’s job easier.
How quickly will my van sell?
There’s no set timeframe but we can say your van is likely to sell quicker the better your photos are and the more information you give the buyer upfront. If a buyer can’t easily tell if the van has an MOT or whether or not there are solar panels or how big the bed is etc. they’re less likely to contact you.
Is the Quirky Campers website the best place to sell my van?
We sure think so! But we know that everyone’s situation is different so we’ve compared the different sales platforms so you can decide what the best website to sell your campervan is.
How much should I sell my van for?
There’s no magic answer unfortunately but we recommended taking into account:
- How much the van and conversion cost you
- What major repairs you’ve done to it
- What other similar vans sell for