by naomi fiddes-baron
Romantic Camper Holiday with a Log Burner
If you’re wondering how to create the perfect romantic campervan holiday, then we already applaud your thinking! Nothing (in our slightly biased opinions) says romance more than a secluded long weekend in a wild camping spot with views that are just yours. A bottle of champagne chilling in a fridge or a cooler box, snuggled up in a blanket talking about your next roadtrip adventure.
Oh yes, and fire.
We should define that a little more, perhaps! There’s something intrinsically magical about sitting around a campfire, or snuggled up with a log burner crackling away in the background. It’s one of the things that creates instance “ambiance” and no wonder that it’s also one of the top criteria wanted by people looking for a romantic campervan holiday. That and a hot tub, but we actually think braving a late-night wild swim followed by warming up around said fire is a little more adventurous!
What do I Need to Know about Wood Burners in a Campervan?
At Quirky Campers, we have a whole collection of campervans with log burners that you can hire to create the most perfect of romantic campervan holiday. Of course, there are a couple of things that you should consider when you book one.
- Not all campsites allow log burners – it’s worth checking before you rock up for the night;
- Less is more! Don’t be tempted to over fill the burner with wood to get the heat going. These wood burners actually heat up a small space pretty quickly, and you’ll find it’s easier to add more logs, than take more clothes off if you get too hot!
- Many of the owners will give you a starter kit of fire lighting supplies as an optional extra. Of course, fallen wood is also free and it makes you feel super “woodsmany” if you collect your own as well!
- If you’re new to fire starting, don’t feel like instant lighters are cheating – but you’ll soon get the hang of it! Also, YouTube is quite helpful!
- It sounds obvious, but don’t go out and leave a wood burner unattended in the campervan!
Get your own Woodburner in a Campervan
If you’re thinking of installing a log burner in your own quirky campervan conversion, check out our blog on “heating options for a campervan”. There are some pretty strict installation guidelines and safety sign off required. Of course, all the campervans with wood burners available to hire with Quirky Campers has already passed these! Plus, it’s always a good idea to try one out before you install one. Therefore, we obviously totally recommend hiring one for a romantic campervan holiday of your own, first!
Light it up Outside
Of course, you don’t have to keep the romance indoors! Lots of our owners have fire pits available as an optional extra. Complete your romantic campervan holiday with a good old fashioned marshmallow toast over an open fire!