Due to a job move I’m selling my beloved camper van Bodhi.
The conversion was completed March 2019 by my carpenter dad, to the highest standard using quality, high-spec products – Bodhi has been listed on Quirky Campers as a rental all summer, making up to £137 per night during high season.
Bodhi’s spacious interior is ergonomically designed and features a modern kitchenette with a sleek 2-hob burner, and an electric cold-water sink. There is plenty of kitchen storage, with cupboards for utensils and groceries both above and below the kitchen worktops. Bodhi has 2 permanent benches that sit either side of a table that slides out the base of the bed. This makes him perfect for dining, playing games, or sheltering from the elements with a hot mug of coffee. The fixed bed means that there is no faffing late at night, or early in the morning when you’re keen to move on to your next destination. Bodhi comes with a projector, tripod and a USB full of movies. The image is projected onto the white hatch that separates the living area and the cab, which can be left down during the day to enjoy views out the front of the van and allow for natural light to shine in.
Bodhi comes with a portable toilet that tucks away into its own cupboard under one of the benches. Bodhi’s electricity comes from leisure batteries that are charged via the alternator when driving. There are 2 UK plug sockets and 1 USB socket in the living area, as well as 2 USB ports in the 12V cigarette lighter in the cab. The 6 LED lights in the ceiling are wired in pairs, allowing for you to light up the bed area, the kitchen area, or the dining area independently, or having the option to turn on all 3 switches and light the whole van.
Although comfy and modern on the inside, Bodhi is stealthy from the outside, with low profile vents on the roof, and a tinted side window.
Base insulation – Celotex 25mm on floor, ceilings and walls.
If you have any questions then please don’t hesitate to ask.
– Ford Transit
– LWB, Mid-High roof. RWD
– Mileage: 87,000
– Year: 2009
– Engine size: 2402cc
– Large tinted window on sliding door
– Registered with DVLA as a ‘Motor Caravan’
– MOT 31 Jan 20
– Full service history
– Gross Weight: 3030kg (max weight allowed)
– Curb Weight: 2500kg (current weight with full tank of fuel)
– Tyres in good condition
– 110 AH 2 Way Split Relay
– 12V 110AH Leisure Battery x 2
– Power Inverter 12V with 1 x USB and 2 x UK plug sockets
– 6 LED lights, set in 3 pairs that can be switched on/off independently.
Gas set up:
– 4.5kg Campingaz bottle
– SIA 30cm glass-top black double gas hob
– Metal gas-safety locker with drop-vent
– Gas safety certificate until June 2020
– Stainless steel splash back to protect from heat
Water set up:
– 25 litre fresh water tank
– High-flow electric water pump
Living set up:
– Fixed bed (size: standard double minus 10cm in length)
– Removable table (which makes up part of the bed base) made from Howdens silver glass effect laminate worktop
– Double visco memory foam mattress with built in topper
– Wind driven low-profile air vent x 2
– Rust treated van prior to conversion
– Fully insulated with Celotex 25mm high quality insulation which protects the van from rust and keeps it warm in the winter and cool in the summer – on floor, ceiling and walls.
– Flooring: Howdens quick-step Livyn Single-plank Chestnut Luxury Vinyl flooring
– TONNES of storage space including whole area under bed, cabinets above bed and above kitchen, and large area above cab.
If you have any questions then please don’t hesitate to ask. Please no time wasters or silly offers.
Bodhi has been a very popular van while listed on Quirky Campers and we do hope the new owner will continue to hire this beautiful campervan out with us. For more info an what is involved when renting a van through Quirky Campers, please see here https://www.quirkycampers.co.uk/rent-out-your-campervan/
Fixed bed (size: standard double minus 10cm in length)