EsmereldaEsmerelda is like a sumptuous palace, gloriously decked out with Moroccan styling and ideal for festival going, wild country touring and romance alike. Well, who says you have to choose?
She is warmly lit, packed with comfortable cushions and throws, and beautifully finished with silk and soft cotton curtains. She's full of little touches of style, like the metalwork lanterns and cute ceramic drawer knobs, that show how much love her owner has put into the conversion.
Uncover her concealed kitchen and you'll discover elegant tiling, a vintage tap and all the facilities you need to make delicious meals.
But she's not such a pretty face: her roomy size offers loads of storage and her modern engine gives a reliable and easy driving experience - on a fun, cow-print seat of course!
- Couldn't have been more comfortable...Can't wait for the next trip! Sara and Roy ~ March 2013
- Glastonbury at 50+...SO QUIET...slept 8 hours each night. Gareth & Susan ~ June 2013
- ...enjoyed all the thought that has gone into Esmerelda. Mary ~ May 2013
- Thank you for the perfect home on wheels for our trip down the west coast of Ireland Tim, Jaiken and Mathilde ~ March 2014
- Thank you Esmerelda for being a brilliant travel companion Gwinith and John ~ April 2015
- Fantastic views and an amazing time- Dave popped the question and i said Yes!!! Jess and Dave ~ April 2015
- Had a fantastic time recreating our trip to New Zealand by going to Cornwall Richard & Stuart ~ March 2015
- Esmerelda took us to Totnes, Eden Project, the Lizard, Penzance and North Cornwall Arianna & Fay ~ September 2014
- Fab views, basic camping, but everything you need here in Esmerelda. N & M ~ August 2015
- Thank you so much. Took it to Glastonbury and had the best nights sleep of any festival. Niamh & Neill ~ July 2015
- Thank you for being ever-so cosy and a lovely self-contained host with all we needed Amanda & Willz ~ June 2015
- Comfortable and spacious but also nimble enough to fit down the smallest of Devonshire lanes. Christy ~ July 2016
- Facilities and design of Esmerelda is impeccable - attention to the smallest detail evident. Dawn ~ April 2016
- Collect from: Devon
- Size: Roomy
- 3 belted seats
- Sleeps = 3 Adults
- Super King size which can comfortably sleep 3 adults - 180cm x 170cm
|Mon-Thur (Day rate)||£50||£73||£85|
|Fri-Sun (Day rate)||£70||£102||£118|
|Min hire period||3||3||5|
Note: Special pricing and rules apply for periods such as Glastonbury Festival. Click the 'CHECK AVAILABILITY' button for an exact price for any permitted available period.
Bookings of 7 days or more are priced at the lower day rate.
- Make: Ford
- Model: Transit LWB 90 350
- Registration: this is emailed when you book
- Engine: 2.4 litre Diesel, 5 speed Manual gearbox.
- Fuel Efficiency: 30mpg
- Maximum Speed: mph
- Size: 6m (l) x m (w) x 3m (h)
- Weight: kg
- Belted seats: 3
- Tow Bar: Yes
Taking the old fittings out took only about two weeks of the one year conversion - though in truth we keep adding and tweaking bits to further improve her for all you lovely people (and a bit for us too!).
Sleeping & Seating
Esmerelda has a Super King size which can comfortably sleep 3 adults - 180cm x 170cm which accommodates:
- 3 adult(s)
There is sociable seating for up to 4 people inside Esmerelda .
- two gas hobs for cooking
- Water Tank
- Fridge: coolbox
Cutlery, crockery and cooking equipment for up to four people
Water is provided by: 27 litre refillable water container with electric tap
- Shower: No
- Portable toilet available as extra
- Leisure Battery
- 12v Cigarette Lighter Sockets
CD/Radio in cab
Portable DAB radio in the back
Cupboards, shelves and drawers as well as plenty of under-bench storage
Selection of board games
Good old fashioned paper AA map
Where is Esmerelda?Esmerelda lives just off Harrington Lane in "The Harringtons" in Pinhoe on the outskirts of Exeter within easy reach of the M5 and A30. Off street parking is available for your car while you are away. It's safe on our driveway but we should say it's at your own risk.
Customer Car ParkingOff street parking is available: If you are coming by car you are welcome to park it where Esmerelda is usually parked.
Please note parking is provided at your own risk
For the full glamping experience the following extras are available to add to your booking when you make final payment.
|Camping Furniture (table and 4 x chairs)||£15|
|Bedding for 2||£12|
|Towels (2 large fluffy ones)||£8|
|Bike rack (for two bikes)||£10|
|Climate change adaptation and mitigation contribution||£2.5|
|Camping Furniture (table and 2 x chairs)||£10|
|Quality Campfire/Portable BBQ & tools||£8|
There is a tick box for each of the above on the booking form. Prices are per booking unless otherwise stated. All extras are subject to availability.
You will also be able to support Quirky Campers' ethical goals by making a donation to climate change prevention and mitigation projects - we suggest £2.50 per 100 miles. See our about us page for more details.
Esmerelda has comprehensive insurance specifically for hiring of campervans that covers drivers which meet the following citeria:
Ages: between 23 and 70 years young
Nationality*: UK or EU driver’s licenses
Length held: Minimum 2 years
Points*: Up to two minor offenses in the past 5 years is OK (no more than 6 points)
Claims*: No more than 1 claim in the past 5 years
*NOTE: These items are flexible but the campervan owner will need to refer the driver's details to the insurer and may require some additional information.
International Drivers from most countries can be covered but the excess is likely to be higher. USA, CA, NZ or AU have always been a yes and often with the standard excess.
The full booking form will ask for all the relevant details but feel free to drop us an email if you have any questions. There is an excess of between £750 and £1500 in the event of any damage to the vehicle. This amount is set by the insurer and is dependant on driver age, convictions, claims and country of issue (for a UK driver with a clean license it will be £750).
Full breakdown cover is also included – details are in the Campervan.
- Take to Festivals: Yes
- Smoking Policy: No Smoking, please.
- European Travel: Permitted
- London Low Emission Zone: Compliant
Travelling with Children
Esmerelda is suitable for travelling with children.
There are no specific provisions for children but the two passenger seats don't have airbags and are suitable for child and baby car seats
Get in touch for a quote.
Note: Dates subject to change without warning