Panelled in pine with characterful oak furniture, retro enamel crockery, generous windows and driftwood colours, you'll feel like you're in the great outdoors even when you're inside.
She has an enormous king size bed, full kitchen, a beautiful wood stove and a child’s bunk/hammock that stretches over the front seats. She is on a long wheel base and has five belted seats, so if you throw in a tent there's room for up to five people to run away together.
She even has a gas hob, grill and oven, so whatever your favourite food, you can have it all holiday long - add on the optional camping chairs and table, and eating al fresco will be a delight.
Oh, and did we mention the 240v electrical hookup to charge and run everyone's gadgets (if you want... or deny its existence if you're looking for a digital detox!).
- Great bed, super nice fireplace easy to drive. Very special, the owners did a great job! Leslie ~ June 2016
- The interior was lovely and the log burner just fantastic. It was a great experience. Rebekah ~ April 2016
- Really lovely van. Comfortable and convenient. The owners are very kind and helpful Jay ~ December 2015
- We loved Constance, she was a pleasure to drive and live in; we had the best of holidays. Deborah K ~ March 2016
- Gorgeous, really spacious - we fitted four of us in! Thanks so much Steph and Tom Charlie ~ February 2016
- Equipped with everything we could possibly have needed! Deborah M ~ August 2015
- The bed is ultra comfy. My tenting days are over!! Amanda ~ August 2015
- Constance was a Joy, It really made our holiday extra special. Moss ~ September 2015
- Collect from: Cornwall
- Size: Delux
- 5 belted seats
- Sleeps = 3 Adults 1 Children
- Super King size bed and child hammock (in cab)
|Mon-Thur (Day rate)||£54||£79||£91|
|Fri-Sun (Day rate)||£75||£110||£127|
|Min hire period||3||3||3|
Note: for bookings of 7 days or more all days are priced at the Monday to Thursday day rate.
- Make: Mercedes
- Model: Sprinter 313CDI
- Registration: this is emailed when you book
- Engine: 2.1 litre Diesel, 6 speed Manual gearbox.
- Fuel Efficiency: 30mpg
- Maximum Speed: 70mph
- Size: 6.8m (l) x m (w) x 2.6m (h)
- Weight: 3500kg
- Belted seats: 5
Sleeping & Seating
Constance has a Super King size bed and child hammock (in cab) which accommodates:
- 3 adult(s)
- 1 child(ren)
There is sociable seating for up to 6 people inside Constance .
There is a Woodburner to warm you up on colder days.
- two gas hobs for cooking
- Water Tank
- Fridge: travel fridge 12v
Plates, bowls, mugs, cutlery and glasses for 4
Fold up dish washing tub
Tea, herbal tea,
Water is provided by: 10L refillable water container with electric tap (and 10L waste water container)
- Shower: No
- Electrical Hookup (240v)
- Leisure Battery
- 12v Cigarette Lighter Sockets
CD player in cab
Cupboards and shelves as well as plenty of under-bench storage
Selection of board games
A hod of wood for the burner
Where is Constance?Constance is parked outside our house in Illogan, near the north Cornish coast just 2 miles from the A30
Customer Car ParkingOff street parking is available: If you are coming by car you are welcome to park it where Constance is usually parked.
Please note parking is provided at your own risk
For the full glamping experience the following extras are available to add to your booking when you make final payment.
|Camping Furniture (table and 4 x chairs)||£15|
|Bedding for 2||£12|
|Camping Furniture (table and 2 x chairs)||£10|
|Fire kit- Logs/Kindling/Newspaper||£8|
|Cab bunk/hammock for child||£0|
There is a tick box for each of the above on the booking form. Prices are per booking unless otherwise stated. All extras are subject to availability.
You will also be able to support Quirky Campers' ethical goals by making a donation to climate change prevention and mitigation projects - we suggest £2.50 per 100 miles. See our about us page for more details.
Constance has comprehensive insurance specifically for hiring of campervans that covers drivers which meet the following citeria:
Ages: between 23 and 70 years young
Nationality*: UK or EU driver’s licenses
Length held: Minimum 2 years
Points*: Up to two minor offenses in the past 5 years is OK (no more than 6 points)
Claims*: No more than 1 claim in the past 5 years
*NOTE: These items are flexible but the campervan owner will need to refer the driver's details to the insurer and may require some additional information.
International Drivers from most countries can be covered but the excess is likely to be higher. USA, CA, NZ or AU have always been a yes and often with the standard excess.
The full booking form will ask for all the relevant details but feel free to drop us an email if you have any questions. There is an excess of between £500 and £1000 in the event of any damage to the vehicle. This amount is set by the insurer and is dependant on driver age, convictions, claims and country of issue (for a UK driver with a clean license it will be £500).
Full breakdown cover is also included – details are in the Campervan.
- Take to Festivals: Yes
- Smoking Policy: No Smoking, please.
- European Travel: Permitted
- London Low Emission Zone: Compliant
Travelling with Children
Constance is suitable for travelling with children.
There is a clever child hammock which fits in the cab it is just over 1.5m long and is suitable for up to 56kg.
Both front passenger seats can be used with baby or child car seats (there are no airbags) and the seats in the back can be used with 'forward facing' child car seats.
Get in touch for a quote.
Note: Dates subject to change without warning