MayaMaya has been converted with 75% reused and recycled materials, has solar panels and will run on biodiesel, so she is perfect for a family, friends or couple's holiday with minimal carbon footprint. The bed is big enough for 3 with 3 belted seats to match.
Maya's stunning craftsmanship marries comfort and functionality. She has sleek, solid ash panelling throughout and an oak kitchenette featuring a 12v compressor fridge and full-size cooker with oven.
We particularly love the detail on her sliding cupboards, the cute spice jars, and the cute stained-glass mirror. And while the Windy Smithy woodburner pumps out the heat you can pump out the tunes on her integrated sound system.
On warm days, relax outside in the hammock, fire up the barbecue or release your inner Bear Grylls and chop some firewood (don't worry, plenty of storage space means you can take pre-cut logs if you prefer sitting to splitting).
All that plus a cheerful yellow exterior that brings sunshine to any day - we love everything about Maya and know you will, too.
- Maya was awesome! She had everything you need for a road trip. Great to drive, definitely be using her again. Jackie ~ September 2016
- Perfect for touring and sleeping, with everything you need for comfort, including a fridge! Stella ~ July 2016
- She had everything we needed and we thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Will ~ October 2016
- We have fallen in love with Maya. She has made our adventure much more comfortable and easy. Balti and Laura ~ October 2016
- Very easy to drive. Over a very chilly weekend the wood burner kept us very snug. Great van! Lisette ~ March 2016
- Maya is the best van ever :) Bring on the next trip! Katy ~ August 2016
- Such a great van!! We had an amazing weekend in Snowdonia. Totally worth it :) Patri ~ October 2015
- Amazing van with loads of character. Patrick ~ August 2015
- She outperformed our wildest expectations, would hire again! Matt ~ December 2016
- Maya was such a lovely way to spend a cosy weekend on the Gower, everything you need under a bright yellow roof Kate ~ March 2017
- We had a awesome time, the van was really cosy and great for cooking in. The hire process was super easy. Gail ~ April 2017
- Maya is magic. Everything you could have needed. We are happy campers! Very comfy. Jonas ~ May 2017
- Collect from: Bristol
- Size: Roomy
- 3 belted seats
- Sleeps = 3 Adults
- Super King size bed - 180cm (5'11") wide and 200cm (6'7") long
|Mon-Thur (Day rate)||£58||£84||£98|
|Fri-Sun (Day rate)||£81||£118||£137|
|Min hire period||3||3||5|
Note: Special pricing and rules apply for periods such as Glastonbury Festival. Click the 'CHECK AVAILABILITY' button for an exact price for any permitted available period.
Bookings of 7 days or more are priced at the lower day rate.
- Make: Mercedes
- Model: Sprinter 310D
- Registration: this is emailed when you book
- Engine: 2.9 litre Diesel/biodiesel, 5 speed Manual gearbox.
- Fuel Efficiency: 25mpg
- Maximum Speed: 75mph
- Size: 6m (l) x 2m (w) x 2.75m (h)
- Weight: 2700kg
- Belted seats: 3
- Tow Bar: Yes
I spent almost exactly a year converting her with my brother who is a carpenter and fellow Quirky Campervan owner of Luna. Around 75% of the materials we used are reused or recycled and Maya can run on pure biodiesel. The panelling is solid ash and the kitchen is mostly oak. The trickiest part was the sliding door cupboard but I'm really pleased with the result.
Sleeping & Seating
Maya has a Super King size bed - 180cm (5'11") wide and 200cm (6'7") long which accommodates:
- 3 adult(s)
There is sociable seating for up to 5 people inside Maya .
There is a Woodburner to warm you up on colder days.
- three gas hobs for cooking
- Water Tank
- Fridge: compressor (12v only)
Cutlery, crockery and cooking equipment for 4
Mugs and Wine glasses
Selection of Yogi teas
Spanish Olive oil (Extra virgin)
Herbs and spices
Small bottle eco washing up liquid, sponge, cloth and tea towel
Spare gas bottle
Water is provided by: Gravity fed water system: 20 litre tank by side door and 15 litre tank above sink
- Shower: No
- Leisure Battery
- Solar panel charging.
- 12v Cigarette Lighter Sockets
CD and radio with aux input with speakers in both the cab and the back
Cupboards, shelves and under bed storage
Fold up table for both interior and exterior use
Where is Maya?Maya lives in Bristol and is parked outside her owners' house in Easton, just outside the city centre and close to public transport and the M32
Customer Car ParkingStreet parking is available: If you are coming by car you are welcome to park it where Maya is usually parked.
Please note parking is provided at your own risk
For the full glamping experience the following extras are available to add to your booking when you make final payment.
|Bedding for 2||£12|
|Towels (2 large fluffy ones)||£8|
|Breakfast Hamper for 4||£21.5|
|Infant Car Seat||£10|
|Aquaroll 40 litre rolling water tank||£8|
|Fire kit- Logs/Kindling/Newspaper||£8|
|Bow saw and small axe||£6|
|Camping Furniture (2 x chairs)||£5|
|Camping Furniture (4 x chairs)||£10|
|Quality Campfire/Portable BBQ & tools||£8|
|5 man tent||£20|
|Bike rack (for 3 bikes)||£10|
There is a tick box for each of the above on the booking form. Prices are per booking unless otherwise stated. All extras are subject to availability.
You will also be able to support Quirky Campers' ethical goals by making a donation to climate change prevention and mitigation projects - we suggest £2.50 per 100 miles. See our about us page for more details.
Maya has comprehensive insurance specifically for hiring of campervans that covers drivers which meet the following citeria:
Ages: between 23 and 75 years young
Nationality*: UK or EU driver’s licenses
Length held: Minimum 2 years
Points*: Up to two minor offenses in the past 5 years is OK (no more than 6 points)
Claims*: No more than 1 claim in the past 5 years
*NOTE: These items are flexible but the campervan owner will need to refer the driver's details to the insurer and may require some additional information.
International Drivers from most countries can be covered but the excess is likely to be higher. USA, CA, NZ or AU have always been a yes and often with the standard excess.
The full booking form will ask for all the relevant details but feel free to drop us an email if you have any questions. There is an excess of between £500 and £1000 in the event of any damage to the vehicle. This amount is set by the insurer and is dependant on driver age, convictions, claims and country of issue (for a UK driver with a clean license it will be £500).
Full breakdown cover is also included – details are in the Campervan.
- Take to Festivals: Yes
- Smoking Policy: No Smoking, please.
- European Travel: Permitted
- London Low Emission Zone: Non-compliant
Travelling with Children
Maya is suitable for travelling with children.
Child and baby car seats can be fitted in both passenger seats. There is space on the floor for a travel cot.
Get in touch for a quote.
Note: Dates subject to change without warning