You’ll find beautiful handcarved wood throughout, a rustic kitchen, funny little book cabinet, candles and fairylights. sumptuous soft furnishings and a handmade woodburner. Everything has been crafted with mostly reclaimed materials - just look at that washing machine porthole window!
And with a massive bed that converts into loads of sociable seating around a generously sized table, plus a handmade cot for your littlest traveller, Bella is as comfortable as any rabbit-hole or hobbit-home you’ll ever go into. We know, because she’s our very own van and we often go away in her ourselves with our three children.
Bella combines the space of a motorhome with the fun of a Quirky Camper, and we’d love you to experience her for yourself!
- Thanks for a comfortable van with everything we needed Eva & Rob ~ July 2013
- Another incredible trip with Bella – through the Scottish highlands Jo & Xave ~ September 2012
- We’ve had a wonderful holiday, made all the lovelier by beautiful Bella! D and Bea ~ September 2012
- will either come back or create a Bella clone for ourselves. Just loved it! Johannes & Annemieke ~ August 2012
- Thank you Bella & Co for providing a fab weekend Paul & Beth ~ July 2012
- Bella always attracts attention, justly...Ambiance and comfort – great John and Jan ~ July 2012
- Had a wonderful time with Bella in Dartmouth...Many thanks Dave, Rosie and Stan ~ June 2012
- a luxury to arrive at campsite and not have to set up. Thank you. Andrew + Claire ~ May 2012
- Bella was brilliant and Seb loved sleeping in the cot...and huuuge bed Ross, Amber and little Seb ~ May 2012
- Bella became “the campervan that could” on long uphills she always made it… Matt and Caroline ~ March 2012
- We had a lovely few days in Cornwall in Bella. She has looked after us wonderfully Nicola ~ February 2012
- What an AMAZING honeymoon adventure! Can’t wait to take her out again soon. The Keelings ~ September 2011
- Very relaxing thank you! We loved the comfy bed and being able to make tea all the time Chris + Dan J ~ August 2011
- We took Bella to Camp Bestival and the kids loved sleeping in the comfortable bed Love Elisa, Paul, Isabella & Zac ~ July 2011
- We took Bella to Goodwood. It was great to experience it all with her! Liz & Jan ~ July 2011
- We woke nice and snug in soggy Brecon and dry and toasty in the gower. What a great van Sadie, Chris and Rosie ~ May 2011
- We had a lovely weekend with Bella in the gower .. felt like a proper holiday Sophie, Julian and Clara ~ May 2011
- Bella is SO well thought out and comfortable! Great set up, long may she continue! Will, Laurie, Claire ~ April 2011
- Very cool van! Bella was fantastic as a base, thanks. John Law ~ April 2011
- Bella has wonderful character, we enjoyed the beautiful wood and pretty details Rachal & Nathan Brown ~ March 2011
- Attention to detail is lovely and interior decor completely unique. Clarence ~ January 2011
- Bella has loads of character, we look forward to going out in her again. Julie ~ October 2016
- Bella was perfect for a dreamy trip to beautiful Cornwall. Robert ~ October 2016
- Bella was so warm, and cosy and comfy..beautiful, a pleasure to drive..thank you David + Heather ~ March 2013
- Lovely touches and love the brilliant woodwork! Fleur ~ April 2013
- Bella was a wonder home to me and my two daughters for ten days as we explored Jen, Fleur & Lois ~ April 2013
- We took Bella to France for our honeymoon "La Lun de Miel" ...a pleasure and a joy Christine & Craig ~ May 2013
- Buddhafield Festival comfortable in a field - what bliss. Bella is such fun Marilyn Morgan ~ May 2013
- first campervan trip has the time was the best ever. Cheers to David and Lindsay Char, Sash & Charles ~ May 2013
- Second time around with Bella. To wales this time... loved it. again. Yohannes and Anneminke ~ August 2013
- Campervan novices. Road trip to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary. Love Bella Martin and Victoria ~ October 2013
- An Amazing four days in Bella, the canal boat of the highway. We will be back Michael and Andrea ~ March 2014
- The amazing stove kept us all toasty at night and the bed fitted for all 4 of us Sheena, Joe, Ollie and Benji ~ March 2014
- Wish we could have such comfort every time we go camping. Thank you so much Emily & David ~ May 2014
- Amazing few days in the Gower with Bella. Pete, Julia & Scoty ~ July 2014
- 2nd trip…honeymoon! We had such a spectacular time, love, love, love Bella Ross, Amber, Sib& Echo Rose ~ July 2014
- We had everything from heavy rain to sunshine and she looked after us every day. Dani & Samuel ~ August 2014
- Third time in Bella…that's how much we lover her:) North Wales this time Johannes & Anneminke ~ August 2014
- Gower Again (Via the Wyr Valley) Bella was a delight, glorious weather.. Perfect Tracy & Claire ~ September 2014
- Our first ever holiday in a campervan and we can't see ourselves going back to a tent! Ray & Kathy ~ September 2014
- Couldn't think of a nicer place to wake up on your birthday K & I ~ October 2014
- What a great trip to the Gower with Bella. Absolutely love this van Nicole & Pablo ~ February 2015
- Lots of fun on the Jurassic Coast.. cosy evening fire accompanied by mulled wine. Shelagh ~ March 2015
- Pembrokeshire, Brecon, Poppit Beach, Pen-y-fan. Solar eclipse. Bella was a Treat! Ro & Neil ~ March 2015
- Bella purred all the way to Scotland...Glencoe, Skye, Harris and the outer Hebrides Hensingh ~ July 2015
- Bella was fab. Really comfy sleep and great facilities to cook breakfast Fiona & Niel ~ July 2015
- Thank you Bella! How else could two adults and a teen fly from US to go to Womad? Janet, Tim & Walker ~ July 2015
- We had a fantastic week, enjoyed every minute. Not a bad word to say and many great ones The Flook Family ~ August 2015
- Star filled nights then waking up next to the beach. Perfection. See you again Mick ~ August 2015
- Had a lovely time cruising the Cornish Coast with Bella this weekend. Well Cosy Heli & Toby ~ September 2015
- Beautiful sun-filled weekend, good food and company. We're hooked want one of our own! Tina & Rick ~ September 2015
- It's hard to imagine not having Bella in our lives Camille ~ May 2016
- Bella has been a beautiful haven in the pouring Cornish Rain. She brought our family together. Anon ~ May 2016
- Such a cosy and quiet bed to sleep in amongst the festival madness! Thank you. Rick & A ~ July 2016
- Everyone loves Bella, including us. Thank you Anon ~ July 2016
- fab time ...cosy at night time love the log burner and fairy lights. Clint, Luke, Nat, Imary & Skipper ~ October 2016
- Come in she said, I'll give… shelter from the storm. Ceilidh, Pete & Ezra-Obi ~ November 2016
- Collect from: Bristol
- Size: Roomy
- 5 belted seats
- Sleeps = 3 Adults 1 Children 1 Baby
- Super King Size bed, cab bunk for up to 10yo and a hanging crib suitable for babies
|Mon-Thur (Day rate)||£54||£79||£91|
|Fri-Sun (Day rate)||£75||£110||£127|
|Min hire period||3||3||3|
Note: for bookings of 7 days or more all days are priced at the Monday to Thursday day rate.
- Make: Mercedes
- Model: Sprinter 308D
- Registration: this is emailed when you book
- Engine: 2.3 litre Diesel, 5 speed Manual gearbox.
- Fuel Efficiency: 25mpg
- Maximum Speed: 70mph
- Size: 6m (l) x 2m (w) x 2.75m (h)
- Weight: 3500kg
- Belted seats: 5
Sleeping & Seating
Bella has a Super King Size bed, cab bunk for up to 10yo and a hanging crib suitable for babies which accommodates:
- 3 adult(s)
- 1 child(ren)
- 1 baby
There is sociable seating for up to 6 people inside Bella .
There is a Woodburner to warm you up on colder days.
- two gas hobs for cooking
- Water Tank
- Fridge: travel fridge 12v
Cutlery, crockery, glasses, mugs, beakers for four
Large sharp knife, smaller sharp knife, bottle opener, veg peeler, wooden spoons, spatula, camping lighter
1 large pot with lid, 1 small pot with lid, 1 frying pan, salad bowl, colander, toaster
Coffee, tea, herbal tea, sugar
Oil, basic condiments
Small bottle eco washing up liquid, sponge and tea towel
Glass cleaner, multi-purpose cleaner and cloth
Dust pan and brush
Water is provided by: 55 litre refillable integral water container, with electric tap and sink
- Shower: No
- Portable toilet available as extra: Kampa Khazi Camping Toilet (can be included as an extra)
- Electrical Hookup (240v)
- Leisure Battery
- Solar panel charging.
- 12v Cigarette Lighter Sockets
CD player and DAB radio in cab, speakers in front and back
Large drawer, space under bed, additional under-bed storage accessed from back doors, and shelving storage
Games and some books
Jump leads, tow rope and a spare fuel tank should cover you for most eventualities.
Where is Bella?Bella lives in Bristol and is parked outside our house in Easton, just outside the city centre and near the end of the M32. The nearest station, Stapleton Road, is a 5-minute connection from Bristol Temple Meads and only 10 minutes walk away.
Address139 Colston Road,
Customer Car ParkingStreet parking is available: If you are coming by car you are welcome to park it where Bella is usually parked.
Please note parking is provided at your own risk
For the full glamping experience the following extras are available to add to your booking when you make final payment.
|Bedding for 2||£12|
|Towels (2 large fluffy ones)||£8|
|Bike rack (for two bikes)||£10|
|Bedding for 4||£24|
|Fire kit- Logs/Kindling/Newspaper||£8|
|Camping Furniture (2 x chairs)||£5|
|Camping Furniture (4 x chairs)||£10|
|Awning - Retro Drive-away with inner tent and groundsheet||£47.5|
|Double Self Inflating sleep mat with memory foam topper; Outwell Cimelia||£15|
|Hanging cot (see photos)||£0|
|Cab bunk/hammock for child||£0|
There is a tick box for each of the above on the booking form. Prices are per booking unless otherwise stated. All extras are subject to availability.
You will also be able to support Quirky Campers' ethical goals by making a donation to climate change prevention and mitigation projects - we suggest £2.50 per 100 miles. See our about us page for more details.
Bella has comprehensive insurance specifically for hiring of campervans that covers drivers which meet the following citeria:
Ages: between 23 and 70 years young
Nationality*: UK or EU driver’s licenses
Length held: Minimum 2 years
Points*: Up to two minor offenses in the past 5 years is OK (no more than 6 points)
Claims*: No more than 1 claim in the past 5 years
*NOTE: These items are flexible but the campervan owner will need to refer the driver's details to the insurer and may require some additional information.
International Drivers from most countries can be covered but the excess is likely to be higher. USA, CA, NZ or AU have always been a yes and often with the standard excess.
The full booking form will ask for all the relevant details but feel free to drop us an email if you have any questions. There is an excess of between £500 and £1000 in the event of any damage to the vehicle. This amount is set by the insurer and is dependant on driver age, convictions, claims and country of issue (for a UK driver with a clean license it will be £500).
Full breakdown cover is also included – details are in the Campervan.
- Take to Festivals: Yes
- Smoking Policy: No Smoking, please.
- European Travel: Not Permitted
- London Low Emission Zone: Non-compliant
Travelling with Children
Bella is suitable for travelling with children.
Children love Bella and vice versa! From small babies to big kids who love playing games around the table in the evening, she’s a great alternative to camping for families who love the outdoors but like a bit of added convenience. We have a 'cab bunk' suitable for up to 10 years old and hanging cot for babies.
The two forward facing passenger seats in the front are suitable for all car seats from 0 to booster. The rear facing back seats can only be used by adults or children in 'forward facing' car seats.
Please be aware that the woodburner can get very hot so you will need to ensure anyone who might touch it is kept well clear.
Note: Dates subject to change without warning