The Only Handmade Campervan Festival in the UK
Where did the idea for a handmade campervan festival come from?
We didn’t originally intend for Camp Quirky to be a handmade campervan festival. It started out as simply an opportunity for Quirky Campers vans and owners to come together. To swap stories, share tips and learn from each other. However, it has quickly outgrown this modest aim…
When the limited number of tickets available to the public for this year’s event sold out in a week(!) we realised this event is much bigger than us… There was such a hunger from a range of self-builders, professional converters and vanlife bloggers for an event aimed at people like them. Many people had tried out the VW festivals or the motorhome shows, but just didn’t get what they were looking for. Camp Quirky provided them with real self-built inspiration. A range of sizes and types of van, every layout you could imagine, technical tips and style ideas.We want to be able to welcome lots more of you, for the whole weekend, and in your own campervans if you have them.
So what exactly will be involved in Camp Quirky 2018?
The same friendly and intimate feel, lots of people who are really passionate about handmade campervans sharing ideas and tips around a campfire, plus:
- Around 30 of the Quirky Campers fleet will be on site with their doors open for you to have a nose and ask questions
- Workshops and talks on everything from solar panel installation to insulation, upholstery to cladding, how to plan the ultimate trip to how to take great photos
- Stalls full of useful and/or beautiful stuff for your handmade campervan conversion from storage pouches to woodburning stoves
- A Q&A with the Quirky Campers Directors
- Food stalls and a bar
- Live music and entertainment
- Activities for kids
I’m sold! Where and when is it?
We will be holding this year’s campervan festival on 20th to 22nd April on a farm in Newark, Nottinghamshire.
Who is it for?
Camp Quirky is for you if you:
- Have already or intend to self-convert a campervan
- Are a professional campervan converter
- Love handmade campervans
- Are a journalist or blogger interested in vanlife or upcycling
- Have previously hired or would like to hire a Quirky Campers campervan
- Are interested in renting out your campervan with Quirky Campers
Who is it not for?
Camp Quirky is not for you if you:
- Only like factory-fitted campervans
- Are a conventional VW fanatic – we’ve got some very cool VW conversions but they’re not like the ones you would find at a VW show
- Love grey carpet and melamine… you won’t find a lot of it here
What kind of facilities will be available?
There will be water points available to fill up your campervan tank/water container, plus toilets and urinals but no showers. Although there is nothing stopping the people with showers in their campervans from setting up a mini-enterprise!
We hope that most of our listed campervans will be coming with their owners but a few are not able to attend and will therefore be available to hire. If you would like to attend Camp Quirky in a Quirky Camper then get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I’m still not sure?
No worries! Maybe some of these reviews from other people of 2017’s campervan festival will help you make up your mind…
- There’s this write up from Van Clan calling Camp Quirky ‘a van lifers dream day out‘
- The Indie Projects spent the weekend with us and put this brilliant vlog together
- As did Florence and the Morgans, who made this awesome vlog
So, how do I buy a ticket?
Just click here and you will be directed to buy your ticket from Eventbrite.
Ticket prices include the weekend’s camping (in a tent or campervan) and are as follows:
- Super Early Bird Adult Weekender – £45
- Early Bird Adult Weekender – £50
- Regular Adult Weekender – £55
- Child’s ticket – £10
We have a very limited number of super early birds available – so grab them while you can!
If you’re not quite ready to buy, you can sign up to our mailing list to stay informed at bit.ly/CAMPQUIRKY
Get in touch with email@example.com if you would like to do any of the following
- Run a workshop – on anything related to handmade campervans and campervan travel
- Have a product/info stall – do you have relevant products you’d like to sell? Or a cause/business you would like to promote?
- Run a food stall – preferably from a campervan, bus or caravan
- Perform – are you a musician, comedian or circus performer? Let us know if you’d like to perform at Camp Quirky